Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fly Interviews: DARIUS G. CEO of BLISS Skate Company!!!!

ATTENTION! ALL MY SKATERS, PUNK ROCKERS, FLY DUDES, FASHIONISTOS, AND LOVELY LADIES!!!! THIS IS A MOVEMENT!!!! Brought to you on golden wings! Antique Flyness sits down and talks with Darius G. of BLISS Skate Company. His shirts are dope! like its really original and that's why I like them. I met him a Broke and Boujee party and immediately had to ask about the shirts. He said yes to a interview and also made me a custom shirt! (LOOK OUT FOR IT IN A FLY FIT) So here's what he had to say about his work:
AF: How did you get started with your company?
DG: When I was sixteen I was always painting or designing on my jeans or shirts...I started doing shoes and that's where I got my recognition from. I met the CEO of Exclusive Game (shout out to EG) at a furniture store I had on a pair of my custom kicks and he loved them...I was doing my own thing prior to meeting him, such as selling out of custom shoes on ebay...doing custom kicks for stars and athletes such as Willie Parker from the Steelers, Parlae from the franchize boys, Young Joc, Jazzie Pha, Rocko, and more. When I linked up with EG it made things a little more easier for me as far as how a business was supposed to be ran...from there things got better from networking with stars to having my work in movies (the main character is wearing a custom pair EG jeans that i designed at the beginning of the movie) That wasn't enough for me, I wanted more, so starting my own clothing line was essential to my life. At the time I was starting my line crossbones was a dope idea but I didn't want to do what everyone else was doing so I decided to put a twist on it...at this time skateboarding had became my first love so i wanted to do something that showed what i stood for. I'm a god fearing christian and I believe nothing is possible without the help of my Christ. I cant produce the work and logos I do without the help of my God. That's how the "crossing skateboard trucks with the halo" came along.
AF: Who came up with the name?
DG: I came up with the name Bliss for my clothing line...It wasn't easy but I took my time and thought wisely, you don't want to have too much as a clothing line name you could over do it in my opinion.
AF: How did you come up with the logo?

DG: I cant produce the work and logos I do without the help of my God. That's how the "crossing skateboard trucks with the halo" came along.



AF: Are you a skater? is there a crew?
DG: Yes I'm a skater and i have 4 different crews...which is Bliss angels (models) Bliss Skate Krew (skaters) Bliss Street team (promoters) Bliss Muney Gang (music artist).
AF: What made you decide to do t-shirts?





DG: T-shirts was my second idea, skateboard decks was my first idea...but it was easier to start the t-shirt line so I that's what i went with.


AF: What's the meaning behind "GODBLISS"?




DG: BLISS is an acronym meaning Believing Lord Is Saving Souls.

AF: What are your inspirations, for the tee's?

DG: Everything is an inspiration to me...its just all how you see it in your mind. I love subliminal messages so you'll see alot of that with my clothing line. I'm not the type of designer that make a bunch of tees by placing words on a tee and call that a "clothing line..." I like to make it entertaining and enjoyable, therefore I speak with pictures/graphics, from my mind.

AF: What other items will be available in the future?




DG: Skateboard decks, cardigans, key chains, jeans, I don't wanna give out too much info...patience is a virtue.
AF: What advice would you give someone who wanted to start there own t-shirt business?
DG: First things First! put God first in everything you do, and live by his word. On top of that have a little imagination and be consistent with everything you do, stay grounded, and stay focus don't let anyone you hang around bring you down, NEVER FOLLOW! ALWAYS LEAD BY EXAMPLE.














AF: I always ask the people I interview, What does it mean to be "Fly"
DG: Being fly to me is doing what you want, showing the world you're not afraid to do your own thing and step out the box.

AF: What about your t-shirts company, sets you apart from other t-shirt companies?
DG: Bliss isn't just a t-shirt company, its everything! As soon as the website is launched you will feel me 100%!(www.godblissamerica.com) So far Bliss has 6 different personalities that you will be able to choose from on the site...that's all I'm going to say.

AF: And last but not least, What do you think about "Antique Flyness"?
DG: Antique Flyness is dope! That's why I'm doing this interview right now! Bringing in upcoming designers to the established! I feel that we could take this FLY ISH...to the next level! GOD BLISS


No comments:

Post a Comment