Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fly Pictorials: Green Bananas




Sorry for the late post.....
But, yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and I had to work at my job Banana Republic. So I thought it would be cool to see how many of my coworkers and customers would be participating in the the whole "wear green" day. As you can see I only have 3 including myself lol.
Do you know why people pinch those who don't wear green on St. Pat's Day?
  • Pinching those not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day is an American tradition, having really nothing to do with Ireland or St. Patrick. It's thought that the pinching started in the early 1700s, about the time that awareness of St. Patrick's as a holiday came to the fore, too, in Boston, in the Massachusetts colony. They thought if you wore green, it made you invisible to the Leprechauns, which was good because they would pinch anyone they could see. So the pinching is to warn and remind you about the Leprechauns.

No comments:

Post a Comment